3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour Uganda. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
This 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour starts from Entebbe or Kampala with pick up by one of our professional driver guides or does the same tour starting from Kigali International Airport/Hotel in Kigali via Katuna or Chanika border with the opportunity to visit the scenic Lake Bunyonyi and Lake Mutanda for you to embark on community walk or canoe ride while enjoying the breathtaking views of rolling hills or scenic islands. Alternatively, take a flight from Entebbe International Airport or Kajjansi airfield to Kihihi or Kisoro airstrip then connect to Bwindi National Park.
What to Not on 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Keep a distance of 7 meters at all times away from mountain gorillas.
- No flashlight camera is allowed when taking photos of gorillas and if your camera has one, please turn it off.
- Keep your voices low while on the trek but feel free to ask as many questions as possible.
- Do not go gorilla trekking if you are not feeling well.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat in the presence of gorillas.
- Only persons above 15 years are allowed to trek gorillas.
Detailed 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour to Uganda
Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (BINP)
Hopefully, your flight is scheduled for an early morning landing in Uganda. Your safari will start from Entebbe airport or Kigali, where you will be picked up by your professional Driver/Guide who will brief you about your tour and then depart for Bwindi Impenetrable national park. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a big habitat for mountain gorillas in Uganda harboring over 300 of them, more reason why it should be your safari destination.
The drive will take you to southwest Uganda by road, cross the Equator then to Mbarara for Lunch and through Savannah grasslands to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The scenic drive through Kigezi Highlands [commonly referred to as “the Switzerland of Uganda”] and banana plantations take you to the gorilla Sanctuary of Bwindi NP.
You will arrive in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and will mainly do little but just check in your accommodation, and relax as you prepare for the Bwindi gorilla trekking experience the next day and the Batwa Cultural trail.
Gorilla Trekking Tour, Batwa trail, and relaxation on Lake Bunyonyi
After an early breakfast and your packed lunch ready, you will walk slowly to the park headquarters for briefing by the park rangers after which we will head out to track the mystical creatures. The beauty of this rainforest is spectacular! The area offers a dramatic steeply forested landscape and is incredibly dense, but crisscrossed by numerous animal trails allowing access to tourists.
The time taken and the terrain varies with the movements of these great primates. Once you locate a gorilla trekking tour group, you will be allowed an hour in their presence. Enjoy your packed lunch with these mystical creatures. The thrill of spending time observing these gentle and endangered giants is an awesome, exciting experience to be long-savored. Return to your lodge.
Freshen up from the long tracking and thereafter check out for the Batwa trail experience, enjoy cultural dances and the local touch which after you will proceed to Lake Bunyonyi. Lake Bunyonyi is framed by lush, green-terraced hills that reach a height of (2,200 – 2,478m) but it’s the 29 islands of various shapes and sizes scattered across the water that make it most magical — you could admire them all day.
Transfer from Lake Bunyonyi to Entebbe/Kigali Airport
After your early morning breakfast, you can choose to do Community Walk, Canoe Ride, Boat Ride, Bicycle Ride, Bird Watching, Cray Fishing, or any other activity in Lake Bunyonyi by paying additionally for the accommodation. Post activities, the team will set out on a drive to Kampala. You will be dropped off at the airport or at your hotel in Kampala. With an incredible experience and loads of memories to cherish, this is the time you bid goodbye to your team.
End of Gorilla Trekking Tour
3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour Inclusions and Exclusions
- Airport transfers
- 4×4 transport with English speaking local guide/driver for all road transport.
- Accommodation & all meals above.
- All park entrances fees
- Drinking water in the vehicle.
- Mentioned activities
- It is imperative that you confirm your onward /return flights. Please contact our offices for assistance.
- International visas
- Accommodation facilities while in Kampala.
- All expenses of personal nature such as tips and drinks.
- Most nationalities require a visa to enter Uganda which can only be booked online before coming to Uganda. A passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months.
Health Precautions Before Planning 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Yellow fever and malaria prophylactics are required.
- COVID19 certificate
- Accommodation & all meals above.
- Officials have a right to refuse entry if you are found to have or show any signs of communicable diseases.
- Drinking water in the vehicle
- Mentioned activities.
- Gorilla permits